Madda Fella’s Favorite Margarita
May 14, 2015
Is there anything better than a solid margarita? We aren’t talking about that stuff you buy in a plastic bottle. Our favorite margarita is very simple, and so much better than anything you can get off a shelf. Fresh squeezed lime and orange juice makes this margarita extra refreshing and summery. Add 'good' tequila and a salty glass rim and you have set yourself up for a perfect Friday night... after all, it's happy hour somewhere! Kick back and enjoy!
Let us know what you think on Instagram using #maddafella and #happyhour hashtags!
One lime, quartered
½ cup fresh pressed lime juice (about 5 limes)
¼ cup fresh pressed orange juice (one very juicy orange)
¾ cup triple sec
1 cup good white tequila
Rub one quarter of lime around rims of four glasses. Dip glasses up-side-down onto plate covered in thin layer of salt. Squeeze the limes and oranges to make the margarita mix. Add the mix, triple sec and tequila to a pitcher. Stir well. Pour over glasses rimmed with salt and filled with ice. Makes 4 servings.
- Numbers & Your Super Power
- Thank You.
- Let’s put the Rum in Pa-Rum Pum Pum Pum
- Key West Get-A-Way
- Put a Key West twist on your Thanksgiving Stuffing!
- The 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month…
- Celebrate National American Beer Day, The Best Way
- The Last Slice of Old Key West
- Florida Keys-Verified Relief Organizations to Support
- Irma, Harvey…and “One Human Family”
- ...found a new dive bar
- The Zen of Surf Fishing
- Why let summer end?
- The Perfect Gift, For Even the Most Particular Dad
- Our Favorite Schooner…
- …our pup is off to school.
- The Event
- Sloppy Joe's
- A Lesson in Valor…Thank You Ron.
- It’s a tremendous team…
- Our man behind the curtain...
- Presidents Day Jump to Key West
- … a “Band of Brothers” (and a few sisters)
- ... the three-legged wonder dog
- It’s Gonna Get Rough
- …found your sailboat, and a few “cudas”.
- Ninkasi…Goddess of Beer
- ...what a year - Thank You!
- ...future buckaroo's...Piñas Bay, Panama.
- Ooops, I did it again…
- Hitting the beaches at Key West
- A Great Place for People Watching
- Sand in the Hourglass of Life
- ...Make a Difference
- Freefallin’ and Living Life Now
- A Powerful Moment
- From the Heart
- ...No regrets
- A Man and a Tiki Bar
- "I Quit!"
- In The Buff
- Pig Fishing
- Lessons And Humble Pie From a Triathlon
- It was actually on the 2nd….(bet you didn’t know that)
- Tips for Hosting a Great 4th of July BBQ
- Why even wear a bathing suit?
- Father's Day Weekend BBQ: Mushroom-stuffed "Whamburgers"
- The Storied Oxford Shirt
- Dark 'n' Stormy
- A Sunny Place for Shady People