And the Oscar Goes to….
Jun 30, 2019
Actually it’s, “And the Bubba Goes to…”. The most prestigious “Best of Key West” awards are live and wide open for voting until July 12th. There was an open three-week nomination process where the top three vote receivers in each category are nominated.
Over 90 categories have been highlighted here in Key West and the surrounding areas. Just about every aspect of a great weekend or life down here in the Conch Republic are represented.
…and… The Madda Fella Boutique has been nominated as well as our partners at Ocean Key Resort in several categories. But here’s what’s fun. While the awards are great, the Bubba Awards and Awards Banquet has raised over $80,000 for local charities. (seriously, the Key West community is warm and giving across the board).
Soooo….if you’ve been down this way and want to check it out and vote, here’s what you do:
First…you must vote in 35 of the 90 categories for your vote to count. The categories are broken down into 3 groups: Food & Drink, Our Community, and Business.
Here are a few of our favorites, although there are so many great people businesses and people represented on the list…all give back and are integral to the Key West Community.
FOOD & DRINK
Best Bartender: Alan “Al” Nelson (Sunset Pier). Al makes his own bitters and can create just about any cocktail you can imagine.
Best Waterfront Dining: Hot Tin Roof. Morning, noon or night...gorgeous setting, incredible food and fantastic staff.
Best Bloody Mary: Hot Tin Roof. Once you’ve had the full Hot Tin Sunday brunch experience, you’ll make it a regular stop.
Best Brunch: Hot Tin Roof. Ah…see what we mean. Our own “B&B”…”Bloody & Brunch” combo!
Best Local Event: We’re just partial to ‘Key West Songwriters Festival”. Such incredible talent in one place.
Best Resort/Hotel: Ocean Key Resort & Spa. They have the “whole monty”. Perfectly situated at the base of Duval to take in the sunsets, easily wander to Mallory Square, close enough to be just a couple block walk from the “downtown” action to secluded enough for a quiet evening at Hot Tin or enjoying the Sunset Pier Tiki Bar festivities and live music, or take in a relaxing afternoon at the Spa or lounge the pool overlooking Key West Harbor, plus a full range of well-appointed rooms and suites.
Best Customer Service:Ocean Key Resort & Spa. Whatever the leadership team does there, it’s done right. Which includes a truly remarkable staff. From the customer facing teams in the lobby, pool, bars/restaurants and store to the back-support team that keep it running to the maintenance and housekeeping staffs. Each and every person just “gets it”, with 100% focus on the customer and guests.
Best Local Retailer: Madda Fella Boutique. We are ever grateful that our Key West boutique was nominated as one of the top 3. Quite frankly, the other two stores nominated are also top-flight. If you get this far, we’re the 8thfrom the last in the long list of categories and nominees. Thank you to Brooke and her team for their incredible leadership, merchandizing, and customer focus. We’d love your vote, but we’re more pleased if you take the time to explore the list of all nominations in all the categories and support these folks.
Last, but not least…(it really is like the Oscars where they save “Best Picture” to the very end).
Best Overall Business: Ocean Key Resort & Spa.Hmmm…I think we’ve made the case. ;-)
Take your time, vote, and remember that you need to hit 35 of the 90 for it to count.
Thanks…and see ya down here!
- And the Oscar Goes to….
- "A Sunny Place for Shady People"
- The Old Man and a Sea
- Blame it on the “Amazon20” Discount Code…
- Best Mojito in Key West…Seriously.
- The Key West Songwriters Festival
- Come on down!
- …the rest of the story.
- A jeep, a beach, a pooch and…
- …gone fishing.
- Conch Republic Independence...Backstory
- The Key West Songwriters Festival
- ...better than no breath at all.
- Toasts for St. Paddy’s Day…
- Whew…this didn’t end well.
- Numbers & Your Super Power
- Thank You.
- Let’s put the Rum in Pa-Rum Pum Pum Pum
- Key West Get-A-Way
- Put a Key West twist on your Thanksgiving Stuffing!
- The 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month…
- Celebrate National American Beer Day, The Best Way
- The Last Slice of Old Key West
- Florida Keys-Verified Relief Organizations to Support
- Irma, Harvey…and “One Human Family”
- ...found a new dive bar
- The Zen of Surf Fishing
- Why let summer end?
- The Perfect Gift, For Even the Most Particular Dad
- Our Favorite Schooner…
- …our pup is off to school.
- The Event
- Sloppy Joe's
- A Lesson in Valor…Thank You Ron.
- It’s a tremendous team…
- Our man behind the curtain...
- Presidents Day Jump to Key West
- … a “Band of Brothers” (and a few sisters)
- ... the three-legged wonder dog
- It’s Gonna Get Rough
- …found your sailboat, and a few “cudas”.
- Ninkasi…Goddess of Beer
- ...what a year - Thank You!
- ...future buckaroo's...Piñas Bay, Panama.
- Ooops, I did it again…
- Hitting the beaches at Key West
- A Great Place for People Watching
- Sand in the Hourglass of Life
- ...Make a Difference
- Freefallin’ and Living Life Now