Florida Keys-Verified Relief Organizations to Support
Sep 14, 2017
Here is an official, verified list of Florida Keys Charities that need your help. Please share and donate today!!
They are on the ground in the Keys already helping. Lots of options….
United Way of the Florida Keys: Will be accepting donations and distributing donations through their partner agencies across Monroe County including feeding programs, after school care, emergency gap services www.keysunitedway.org
The Florida Keys Outreach Coalition: Seeking funding to help clients of FKOC’s homeless shelters and supportive housing programs that have been evacuated to FIU, funding for our prevention and intervention services which will be helping community members with rent, necessary living expenses, replacement clothing, food, relocation funds, and other needs throughout all of Monroe County. Donations can be made through PayPal or Just Give at http://fkoc.org/donate.html or by contacting email@example.com services available to all community members.
Monroe Association of Remarkable Citizens: Seeking funds to help cover the costs of evacuating their clients out of Monroe County and providing housing and basic life sustaining needs during this time. Donations can be made online at www.MARChouse.org or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. No updates on the condition of their group homes at this time. Services available to MARC clients.
AH of Monroe County: Seeking funds to assist clients with costs related to evacuation, relocation, health care, and living expenses as Monroe County picks up the pieces after Hurricane Irma. www.ahmonroe.org/giving services available to clients of AH of Monroe County
Catholic Charities: Will be providing Irma relief in Monroe County, donations can be designated for Monroe County in the note section through their website at www.ccadm.org Catholic Charities. Catholic Charities provides rental assistance county wide for community members in need. Services available to any community member
KAIR: Will be providing recovery assistance in Marathon, Florida including food and basic necessities such as diapers, medicine, etc.. Donations can be made at www.kaironline.net through Paypal. Services available to any community member in Marathon.
First Baptist Church Islamorada: Seeking funds to support community meals (first one happening 9/12/17!) and support services to get residents lives back in order. They offer a clothing closet and food pantry. Donations can be made at www.fbcislamorada.org services available to any community member.
Florida Keys Healthy Start Coalition: Will be assisting pregnant women, babies and children up to age 5 yrs old, and their families effected Hurricane Irma throughout Monroe County with diapers, wipes, formula, safety items, clothing, pre-natal care, car seats, safe sleeping beds and practices. http://keyshealthystart.org/
S.O.S. Foundation: Is in need of a new roof for their food services to reopen as soon as possible donations can be made at http://www.sosmission.org/
FLKeys SPCA: They evacuated 200 animals last week and hope to bring them all back ASAP. The shelter will be overrun with newly abandoned animals who will need care and possibly medical attention upon return. Plus, we will need foster homes for owners who will be living in temporary places that don't allow pets. www.fkspca.org
Southernmost Boys and Girls Club: Will be helping to watch kids while parents clean up and get lives back in order. Donate here:
Key West Wildlife Center: KWWC needs funds to repair damaged outdoor recovery cages, replace food supplies lost without refrigeration, and care for native wildlife injured in the storm. www.keywestwildlifecenter.org
- "A Sunny Place for Shady People"
- The Old Man and a Sea
- Blame it on the “Amazon20” Discount Code…
- Best Mojito in Key West…Seriously.
- The Key West Songwriters Festival
- Come on down!
- …the rest of the story.
- A jeep, a beach, a pooch and…
- …gone fishing.
- Conch Republic Independence...Backstory
- The Key West Songwriters Festival
- ...better than no breath at all.
- Toasts for St. Paddy’s Day…
- Whew…this didn’t end well.
- Numbers & Your Super Power
- Thank You.
- Let’s put the Rum in Pa-Rum Pum Pum Pum
- Key West Get-A-Way
- Put a Key West twist on your Thanksgiving Stuffing!
- The 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month…
- Celebrate National American Beer Day, The Best Way
- The Last Slice of Old Key West
- Florida Keys-Verified Relief Organizations to Support
- Irma, Harvey…and “One Human Family”
- ...found a new dive bar
- The Zen of Surf Fishing
- Why let summer end?
- The Perfect Gift, For Even the Most Particular Dad
- Our Favorite Schooner…
- …our pup is off to school.
- The Event
- Sloppy Joe's
- A Lesson in Valor…Thank You Ron.
- It’s a tremendous team…
- Our man behind the curtain...
- Presidents Day Jump to Key West
- … a “Band of Brothers” (and a few sisters)
- ... the three-legged wonder dog
- It’s Gonna Get Rough
- …found your sailboat, and a few “cudas”.
- Ninkasi…Goddess of Beer
- ...what a year - Thank You!
- ...future buckaroo's...Piñas Bay, Panama.
- Ooops, I did it again…
- Hitting the beaches at Key West
- A Great Place for People Watching
- Sand in the Hourglass of Life
- ...Make a Difference
- Freefallin’ and Living Life Now
- A Powerful Moment