...found a new dive bar
Aug 23, 2017
Found a new dive bar.
Well, it’s an old dive bar.
There’s this drink in the Delmarva Peninsula that’s pretty popular…it’s called an Orange Crush. No, no…nothing to do with the Denver Broncos or the soda pop by the same name.
Seems they also make Grapefruit crushes. It’s kind of a modification of a Sea Breeze.
Enough of that…this new/old dive bar claims to be the Original Home of the Fresh Squeezed Orange Crush.
BTW…it really is everything you’d expect a dive bar to be. Little salty, guys/gals with guitars singing Dire Straits, Buffet, and The Eagles, the bar is a little sticky but all-in-all…just fun.
So, the secret to these drinks is the fresh squeeze part. Every drink they fresh squeeze a whole orange. These oranges were flying through by the cartoons.
You can get there by land or water (kinda just past the fish market and a bunch of rusty tugs).
…soo, we’ll make it easy…bounce us back at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of this fine (cough) establishment, get it right and we’ll shoot you back a personal, $20 discount code. (give us a day or so to bounce you back)
Ya gotta promise…don’t Google: “Home of the Original Fresh Squeezed Orange Crush” to get the answer. Better you do a trial and error on dive bars to find the right one. ;-)
OK…heading back to the Green Parrott (A Shady Place for Sunny People) next month!
In case you just want to do it yourself…here ya go:
A true orange crush cocktail is an explosion of vitamin C and oranges!
Try making this refreshing drink and send us a photo on Instagram at #maddafella Enjoy!
- 2 ounces freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1-tablespoon triple sec
- Splash of lemon-lime sparkling water or soda (use Sprite soda if you like it sweet)
- Orange slice for garnish
- Combine the orange juice, vodka, and triple sec in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Pour contents of shaker into a tall glass.
- Pour a splash of lemon-lime sparkling water on top and stir to combine.
- Garnish with orange slice.
Makes 1 serving
…but soo much better if you make a few and share with friends.
- …gone fishing.
- Conch Republic Independence...Backstory
- The Key West Songwriters Festival
- ...better than no breath at all.
- Toasts for St. Paddy’s Day…
- Whew…this didn’t end well.
- Numbers & Your Super Power
- Thank You.
- Let’s put the Rum in Pa-Rum Pum Pum Pum
- Key West Get-A-Way
- Put a Key West twist on your Thanksgiving Stuffing!
- The 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month…
- Celebrate National American Beer Day, The Best Way
- The Last Slice of Old Key West
- Florida Keys-Verified Relief Organizations to Support
- Irma, Harvey…and “One Human Family”
- ...found a new dive bar
- The Zen of Surf Fishing
- Why let summer end?
- The Perfect Gift, For Even the Most Particular Dad
- Our Favorite Schooner…
- …our pup is off to school.
- The Event
- Sloppy Joe's
- A Lesson in Valor…Thank You Ron.
- It’s a tremendous team…
- Our man behind the curtain...
- Presidents Day Jump to Key West
- … a “Band of Brothers” (and a few sisters)
- ... the three-legged wonder dog
- It’s Gonna Get Rough
- …found your sailboat, and a few “cudas”.
- Ninkasi…Goddess of Beer
- ...what a year - Thank You!
- ...future buckaroo's...Piñas Bay, Panama.
- Ooops, I did it again…
- Hitting the beaches at Key West
- A Great Place for People Watching
- Sand in the Hourglass of Life
- ...Make a Difference
- Freefallin’ and Living Life Now
- A Powerful Moment
- From the Heart
- ...No regrets
- A Man and a Tiki Bar
- "I Quit!"
- In The Buff
- Pig Fishing
- Lessons And Humble Pie From a Triathlon
- It was actually on the 2nd….(bet you didn’t know that)