The 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month…
Nov 08, 2017
The words “Make a Difference” seem to drive so many to make our country better each day.
This Veterans Day we honor those who have served, their families and remember those who have passed.
We’ve previously posted about two special veterans that are very close to us, and how they singularly lived those words to the fullest. We've reposted these articles.
It's worth your time.
Ron Ray, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
A man of tremendous character and strength, demonstrated selfless devotion to his squad and to his country. One day in particular, all of that came to the battlefield in a true lesson in valor.
Bonnie Carroll, Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient,
Please take a few minutes and learn more about what Bonnie and her team at TAPS does for families of the fallen. Bonnie, as both a veteran and military spouse who lost her husband in service, has created an exceptional non-profit organization that, quite frankly, I wish we didn’t need. But we do.
To Ron, Bonnie and their colleagues…thank you.
To each veteran, and to the families that have given so much, thank you.
- On the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month in 1918 WW1 ended.
- Formal observance was mandated by congress in 1926, and in 1938 the day was recognized as a National Holiday.
- In 1954 President Eisenhower officially changed the name from Armistice Day, which marks the end of WW1, to Veterans Day in recognition of all men and women that have served.
- …gone fishing.
- Conch Republic Independence...Backstory
- The Key West Songwriters Festival
- ...better than no breath at all.
- Toasts for St. Paddy’s Day…
- Whew…this didn’t end well.
- Numbers & Your Super Power
- Thank You.
- Let’s put the Rum in Pa-Rum Pum Pum Pum
- Key West Get-A-Way
- Put a Key West twist on your Thanksgiving Stuffing!
- The 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month…
- Celebrate National American Beer Day, The Best Way
- The Last Slice of Old Key West
- Florida Keys-Verified Relief Organizations to Support
- Irma, Harvey…and “One Human Family”
- ...found a new dive bar
- The Zen of Surf Fishing
- Why let summer end?
- The Perfect Gift, For Even the Most Particular Dad
- Our Favorite Schooner…
- …our pup is off to school.
- The Event
- Sloppy Joe's
- A Lesson in Valor…Thank You Ron.
- It’s a tremendous team…
- Our man behind the curtain...
- Presidents Day Jump to Key West
- … a “Band of Brothers” (and a few sisters)
- ... the three-legged wonder dog
- It’s Gonna Get Rough
- …found your sailboat, and a few “cudas”.
- Ninkasi…Goddess of Beer
- ...what a year - Thank You!
- ...future buckaroo's...Piñas Bay, Panama.
- Ooops, I did it again…
- Hitting the beaches at Key West
- A Great Place for People Watching
- Sand in the Hourglass of Life
- ...Make a Difference
- Freefallin’ and Living Life Now
- A Powerful Moment
- From the Heart
- ...No regrets
- A Man and a Tiki Bar
- "I Quit!"
- In The Buff
- Pig Fishing
- Lessons And Humble Pie From a Triathlon
- It was actually on the 2nd….(bet you didn’t know that)